Sunday, September 21, 2008

Goodbye Holland...YWAM Milan here we come...

It has been an awesome time in Holland. Living here at the stable has been awesome and a great experience. I have enjoyed the time to spend with friends and see Amsterdam and Rotterdam and make friends with the Dutch people. I hope in the future that I can revisit the streets of Amsterdam and work along side them in their missions projects in the RedLight District. It is an amazing place of diversity and culture. There are people here from all over the world. The foreigner, the prostitute, the orphan, and the lost street kid cry out for a God of mercy, compassion and Love.

Today was pretty cool too. I was able to go to Elisabeth and Jaap's church. The sermon was really good. It was about how God has set us free, though we were enemies, and gave the peace offering! The pastor spoke up against religious laws and extra rules and emphasized that we were set free by Christ and His love and that through His love we can really realize how to love those around us--even our enemies.

Now, I'm getting ready for a 14 hour bus ride to the YWAM Milan base. I leave here now and then I'll arrive in Milan in the morning. Oh...I hope I will be able to get some sleep on that train! I am excited with this opportunity to help the Tommasi family with communications, while they pioneer this new base bringing and extending God's love to the city of Milan!

2 comments:

Potler Tribe said...

i'm praying you get sleep!!
i added your link to our blog!
we miss you!!

Unknown said...

Hey Jeff,

Great to follow you on your blog. Have blessed time in Italy.

This is the link to our blog: www.daan-debora.nl. But it's all Dutch.

I mail you...

grt Daan