Thursday, March 25, 2010

Llegado en Medellin

I have arrived in Medellin. It has been a blessing as I have arrived in the house of a pastor and her family. It has been very good. I have learned so much over the last two days about life in Medellin. It's a beautiful a city, but also it has been plagued by violence in the comunas (slums), prostitution, and drugs. I went today to a family who just recently lost their son to homicide in their community. It has left the whole family preoccupied. It left a woman as a widow and a little boy as an orphan. It made me think. Violence is something that needs to be combated and we must respond with love and compassion to those who are affected by it--especially the orphans and the widows. This family lost their brother just a few months ago, but you can see that God is doing miracles in their family--bringing joy and peace in the midst of distress.

No comments: